The Nintendo Switch is known as a kids console but it has a lot of games rated mature, but can someone under age buy mature Switch games? I decided to research the internet to find out.
- Make an account on Nintendo.com that more than 22 years old
- Create a new user and link the account with your Nintendo Switch
- Select the game you want to play or buy
- You should be able to play m rated games across all users, not just the adult account!
Hopefully, this will work for you! I saw on this reddit thread that another way is buying the cartridge version in-store on buying the game digitally on your computer on Nintendo.com and then downloading it on your Switch.
If your confused don’t worry, I will walk you through the process of getting m rated games on your Switch, and if you can turn off Switch parental controls. Read on to find out!
If your interested in checking out the best Switch accessories you can find them on Amazon here
How You Can Get M Rated Switch Games
1.Create An Adult Nintendo Switch Account
Follow the steps in my video above to create a Nintendo account on your PC, this will NOT work if you do it via your Switch it has to be on a computer or a phone.
Most importantly create a 16+ account and have your birth year be 1998 just in case!
2.Create A New User and Link The Account With Your Switch
- On the switch, home menu click onto users on the top left of the screen
- Create a new user and once created go to ‘user settings’
- Sign in with the exact details you used in steps 1
- Click ‘link Nintendo Account’
You should be all set to play m rated games on your Nintendo Switch! In case you get stuck refer back to the videos above.
How To Remove Nintendo Switch Parental Controls
- Select System Settings on the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down to highlight Parental Controls, then select Change Settings.
- Enter the Parental Control PIN number for the system. …
- Press the X Button (Reset) to remove the Parental Controls settings and PIN number.
- Select OK to return to the system settings.
How To Get Rid Of Parental Controls Without The Pin
- Click on the parental controls icon on the home menu and click the + button
- Take note of your inquiry number
- Open a web browser and go to https://mkey.salthax.org/
- Change the device type to ‘Switch’ and put the inquiry number you got early you will get a ‘master key’
- Go back to your Switch and enter your master key at the parental controls menu
- Choose a new pin for parental controls
- To disable parental controls go to ‘settings and ‘change settings’ re-enter the pin and change settings and delete parental controls!
Now you know how to play m rated games and disable parental controls with or without the pin! Happy gaming.