Are you confused why your PS4 controller light is yellow and wonder what it means? The Dualshock 4 can flash many colours, so I understand how confusing this can be, don’t worry I will answer all the questions you have.
An unblinking yellow light is when the PS4 is in rest mode or turned off, and the controller is charging, a blinking yellow light means the controller was just plugged in to charge. Certain games like GTA V can cause your controller to turn yellow when you play as Trevor Philips.
Now you know why the PS4 controller is yellow, however, you might have the yellow light of death which I will show you how to fix, as well as how to fix a PS4 controller that keeps flashing, how to change the color of a PS4 controller and what each color means.
Read on to find out!
Are you sick of feeling unmotivated at work? How about making an online living creating content that your passionate about, sounds good right?
This is the life I’m living right now, all thanks to Project 24.
It’s a course packed full of different courses that teaches you EVERYTHING you need to know about becoming free by starting an online business, with tons of testimonials on YouTube, plus an exclusive community, weekly podcasts, and much much more. I recommend it to everyone I know.
Get access to Project 24 here, it is the best money you will EVER spend trust me on this.
If your interested in checking out the best PS4 accessories you can find them on Amazon by clicking here.
How To Fix The Yellow Light Of A PS4 Controller
- Turn off your PS4 via the power button, once it’s off unplug the power cord from the PS4
- Plug a USB cable into the PS4, and get the PS4 controller that’s having issues and press the [share] and [PS] button of the controller together
- Your controller should start blinking, then plug in your PS4 but don’t turn it on yet
- Turn on your PS4 with the power button and immedaitely plug the controller into the USB cable connected to the PS4 and keep pressing the [PS button] it shoud be fixed!
How To Fix A PS4 Controller That Keeps Flashing
There are various ways to fix a PS4 controller that keeps flashing, and you do need to buy a replacement USB to check if it’s the USB problem.
Buy an officially licensed Power A cable specifically for the PS4 controller from Amazon here.
Replace Your Dualshock 4 Cable
- Buy a replacement cable for your Dualshock 4 is or use a working android charging cable
- Plug the USB into your Dualshock 4
- If the light changes to blue or orange then your controller is charging and it was the problem of the cable.
USB cables can be delicate so replacing a USB cable is an easy way to troubleshoot your controller not charging.
Reset Your PS4
- Turn off your PS4 by holding down the power button for 10 seconds or via the quick start menu
- Take the power cord from the back of the PS4
- Wait around 3-5 minutes and plug the power cord back in and turn on the PS4
- Plug your controller and USB charging cable into the controller and PS4
- Use the PlayStation button on the Dualshock 4 to turn it on
Your parents or grandparents wise words of turning off to give the TV some ‘rest’ is actually good advice to follow!
The old “turn it off and back on again” trick works more times than you think! Sometimes, all that’s needed is a simple restart on the PlayStation 4, someimes your controller will not work due to a hardware problem.
Reset Your PS4 Controller
- Turn your controller over to see the reset button next to the top right screw of the controller
- Use an unfolded paperclip or a sim card opener to push the button inside of the hole
- Hold the button for 5 seconds
- Reconnect your Dualshock 4 back into the PS4 and see if it charges
Just like your PS4 your controller has it’s own software that can get corrupted, doing the above method will set your controller back to factory defaults and hopefully fix your problem.
Start Your PS4 In Safe Mode
- Turn off your PS4
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until you hear two beeps
- Connect your Dualshock 4 with a USB cable
- Press the PS button on your controller.
Note if your PS4 USB ports as faulty you cannot start your PS4 in safe mode, but going into safe mode has been shown to bypass a lot of controller and PS4 soft ware issues.
If none of these steps then you may have a broken controller, if your that guy or girl who knows your controller across the room when you lose then that’s probably the reason.
Can I Change the Color of The PS4 Controller?
To change the color of a PS4 controller you must change the user, as the differ PS4 profiles correspond to different colours Player 1 is blue, player 2 is red, player 3 is green and player 4 is yellow. Change the colour by signing it to another user without logging out.
How to Change The PS4 Controllers Color
- Create four different profiles on your PS4
- Log in to one user and switch to another user without logging out
- Keep on logging on to different users and switching until you find the color you like.
What Do The Colors Mean On A PS4 controller?
- Player 1(Blue)
- Player 2(Red)
- Player 3 (Green)
- Player 4(Pink)
In playing specific games like Grand Theft Auto IV RockStar actually makes the Dualshock 4 blink red and blue whenever being chased by police! Cool right!
Hopefully with the Dualshock 5 developers take inspiration from RockStars use of the light bar and create interesting design choices.